The Aircall-Zendesk integration has a lot to offer by centralizing all your phone operations into one user interface. Thankfully, getting setup on the system is a breeze and only takes a few minutes.
Before you start, make sure that you have admin rights in both Aircall and Zendesk, and that all the Aircall and Zendesk users are using the same email address for each of their accounts. From there, go ahead and download the Aircall widget on the Zendesk marketplace, and you’ll be all ready to get set up. Please note you will need Talk - Partner Edition seats in Zendesk for each agent that will be using the Aircall integration.
Installing Your Zendesk Integration
Follow the simple steps below to get started:
Log in to the Aircall Admin Dashboard
Select Integrations & API from the left sidebar menu
Find and click on Zendesk V3 in the Discover integrations section
Click on Install integration to start the install flow
Under Select numbers click Add numbers
Select the numbers you would like to have linked to the Zendesk integration, then click Add numbers in the bottom right corner to continue
⚠️ Please note that you may choose to skip this step if needed, but in order for call activity to log in Zendesk, at least one number will need to be selected. If you would like to add or remove numbers associated with your integration at any point, you can do so directly in the Aircall Dashboard.
Enter the URL for your Zendesk account, then click Next (for example, if you log in to Zendesk using the URL https://example.zendesk.com, then you would enter that same full URL)
If you are not logged in to Zendesk, you will be directed to a login page
Once you are logged in, you will be taken to an authorization page. Click on Allow
After you have completed these steps, your integration will be active. Click Finish to be directed to your Zendesk integration settings
Configuring your Integration Settings
After clicking Finish you will be directed to the page of the Aircall Dashboard where you configure your Zendesk integration settings. There are two sections on this page: General and Settings.
Change your integration to/from Active/Inactive
Add a custom name for your integration
Add or remove the Aircall numbers you want connected to your Zendesk integration. Please keep in mind that calls to/from any number not connected will not log in Zendesk
Delete your integration
Choose how each type of call/SMS should be logged to tickets
- You will be able to choose if each type of call/SMS will be logged to a new ticket, a previous ticket, or to no ticket
- Choose, each type of call/SMS, what status the ticket should be set to
- You will be able to choose from the statuses: New, Open, Pending, On-Hold, Solved, and Closed
- ⚠️ If you are selecting On-Hold, please ensure the On-Hold status is enabled in your Zendesk account.
- Choose if the ticket type and priority should be adjusted based on the Aircall Tag applied to each call
- Assign missed call tickets to a user or group for follow-up
- Choose whether to show custom insight cards or not, and select up to 5 contact details to display
- Choose if certain standard fields for your calls are shown in each ticket to provide more context for each call
The fields available for selection are: Agent, Call Started At, Call Ended At, Completion Status, Direction, Duration, From Line, Outside Business Hours, Overflowed To, Recording Url, To Line, Voicemail, and Wait Time
The selected fields will be able to be viewed in each Zendesk Ticket
⚠️ Please note: to use this functionality, users will need to ensure the "Agent Workspace" is enabled in Zendesk, and that they are subscribed to the TPE V2 Zendesk license.
Select if you want to create tickets outside of your business hours
- Select if you want a new contact to be created or not when you make/receive a call to/from a number not saved in Zendesk
- Select if you would like save a Zendesk contact in Aircall when you make/receive a call to/from them
- Select if you would like the ticket title to update on each call
- (For example, if a ticket is created from an inbound unanswered call, but then updated from a later outbound answered call, the title of the ticket will replace the initial inbound unanswered with outbound answered)
Select whether to show the ticket, the Contact history, or nothing for each Inbound and Outbound call
That's it! You're all set and ready to get the most out of your Aircall-Zendesk integration 🎉
(Please note that you are able to set up as many Zendesk integrations as wanted or needed to set up specific rules for different numbers and situations!)